Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Lost Year

Well, I'm back on Blogger, and I think I will be posting my more serious reflections here but keep my LiveJournal for the sort of things the folks there are more used to. Besides, I like being able to keep a blogroll here -- not that I can't on LJ, but it would seem an intrusion there. Not that the blogroll is working perfectly; it seems to be displayed in the order entered, which means philosophy first, then religion, then politics, though I didn't get to the politics yet -- I am taking a break to write this entry. If the Blogroll folks have their act together I hope to see the blog links displayed in the inverse order of last update. I suspect it will take a day or so for that to happen.

I don't know how I feel about Google taking over Blogger. I didn't appreciate Yahoo taking over Rocketmail and then Egroups, and Microsoft swallowing up Hotmail and Listbot, but that is the way of things. On the other hand, I no longer have to pay for enhanced service or go to an outside provider to have comments enabled, and that's a good thing.

Some folks in cyberspace and real life know that I am attending something called the School of Community, and are worried that I have Joined a Cult. Yeah, right. I do enjoy reading and discussing some paragraphs of Luigi Giussani with others so inclined, as does a certain Bavarian resident in Rome. I find in Don Juice (as he is known, or at least as he is pronounced) an echo of the philosophical position I had developed in the context of American pragmatism or pragmatic idealism, and of the approach to theology exemplified by Rufus Jones and Richard Neibuhr (not the other fellow).

But more of these matters later.

2 comments:

Deep Furrows said...

Welcome back to Blogger!

Fred

The young fogey said...

Good to see you here and thanks for including me in your links!